How wonderful to hear I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by a lovely fellow blogger. I am really touched and so grateful to receive this award. It is also a great opportunity for me to share and answer a few personal questions, as part of the award.
The blogging community is full of interesting personalities, always ready to share creativity and knowledge. WordPress makes it easy as an incredible platform to share ideas around and learn from people with similar interests all over the world. I am thrilled to make this award an opportunity to show my appreciation and support to some of my favourite bloggers.
I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Elena from Your Beautiful Journey blog. Thank you so much Elena, for all the positive energy and mindfulness you bring to each and everyone of your posts!
In the nomination, Elena asked a few interesting questions that should be answered by those accepting the award, so here we go, one by one:
- What was the first book you read or the first book that made a real impression on you?
I remember being about 10 when my Mum allowed me to read one of her books during a holiday. I was so proud to “graduate” to “real” adult books. The book was The Loving Spirit by Daphné du Maurier, a story spanning four generations and many secrets. I remember being thoroughly impressed and proceeded to read more of Daphne Du Maurier books subsequently.
- If you could spend a month in any place of the world, where would you go?
Such a tough question but I think I would want to explore Japan further, taking more time than I had when I went last year.
- If you could take any one person with you to this hypothetical trip, who would you take?
Easy. The one and only, my husband.
- Which one superpower would you want to have?
I would love to be able to create TIME.
- How big a role do you think luck plays in achieving your dreams as compared to the importance of diligent effort?
Luck is the cherry on the cake but I strongly believe that hard work is what gets you wherever you want to go and be. My husband rightly says that with hard work, you change the outcome, you create what other people sometimes think is luck.
- What is the one most important dream you want to achieve in your lifetime?
Probably to never stop dreaming. I try to make my dreams come true but I dream a lot 🙂
- Through trial and error, have you arrived at any lifehacks you would want to share about working towards your own goals in your free time? (E.g. time of day that is best for your work, how to be more efficient, etc.)
Exercise is the key to being able to tackle anything and everything. You may never feel like going for a run, you hear the voices saying you’re too tired, you have so much to do but you will be quicker and more efficient at anything you do if you start by exercising. I do a mixture of running and yoga: if I skip a session, I don’t function properly.
- How do you think one person can change the world for the better?
By setting an example and providing inspiration, little by little people will take notice and hopefully follow suit
- Share your favourite recipe!
They are all in Yotam Ottolenghi’s cooking books.
- What book/movie/TV series would you recommend to absolutely everyone and why?
Difficult to narrow it down to one book as I read so much. The one I have read the most is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand but one that touched me greatly recently was The Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. It was warmly recommended by my neighbour and I think every woman should read it.
- Who and what are you grateful for?
World Peace. Oops sorry, hasn’t happened yet! Being able to see the loves of my life, all of them.
OK… done! Now, my turn to nominate these talented bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
I love reading what you write and cherish your interests and comments.
Each of these blogs has a real voice, wonderful content and they are not trying to be someone else. I love this – with this Sunshine Blogger Award, I’m wishing you all the success you each deserve, and more!
To accept the award, please follow these rules from its creator:
Finally, here are the questions from me:
- B&W or Color?
- Name one artwork that provoked a reaction you never saw coming.
- What do you do when you are having “a bad day”? What is your coping mechanism?
- Who is your favorite person in the world?
- If you could travel back in time for a month, which era would you go back to? Who would you hang out with?
- If you had the opportunity to take home one artwork from any museum, which one would make it onto your wall?
- Which aspect of blogging do you find most satisfying?
- Which aspect do you find most frustrating and how do you cope with it?
- Name two books your would recommend me and your fellow bloggers to read?
- I love podcasts. Do you? Which one do you listen to most often?
- Which of the 11 bloggers I recommended was a great discovery for you?
Once again, a huge thank you to Elena for this award, and I’m looking forward to reading the answers to the questions above from the 11 brilliant bloggers nominated!
If you’ve missed my latest blog post, you can check it out here. Thank you.
WAOUH congratulation for sunshine Award..Interesting questions and answers ..It gives an idea of your personality!like Proust’s questionnaire! You work hard and you deserve reward and award!Love Pete’s Philosophy and appreciate what he said.
I am glad you liked it. Really fun to be chosen 🙂
Congratulations for this nomination Ingrid !!!
The blogger community was not wrong !! His choice is excellent !!
I read your answers to the questions ! I like your answer on the question about the dream !!
You were very young to read Daphne du Maurier’s book, but at the same time I’m not surprised. Domi has a very good choice of reading !!
Congratulations ……… and thank you for passing on this love of art in so many different worlds ……
Thank you so much for reading the blog, Marie-Annick🙏🏼
Congrats Ingrid! I guess this blogging community recognition means a lot to you. I know your posts say a lot about yourself but it’s nice to read you writing about yourself for ones. It feels like having a conversation with you, and… i definitely miss that!
La chance sourit aux audacieux… and you are one of them!
Thank you, dear Corinne 🙏🏼 I miss our conversations too. The time difference is really difficult.
The blog is all about putting the artists and their works to the fore, although what I think of them is all my personal interpretation. I will definitely take your comment to heart and make sure my voice remains loud and clear too 🙏🏼
Congratulations Ingrid-such a well deserved award. Sheila
Thank you, dear Sheila😘
Congratulations Ingrid, you’ve travelled so far so quickly…and wonderful to be appreciated by your peers/community!
Thank you, Toni! I also do remember our conversation well: you nudged me to jump in and get it going like only you can do 😘😘